Format & Call Letters
Classic Country - WHET
US 97.7 is Southern Illinois’ Classic Country Station!
US 97.7 plays the biggest Country music artists in America today.
US 97.7 targets Affluent Baby Boomers 35 to 64 years old.
The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play the Icons of Country Music! US 97.7 listeners tune in to hear the biggest Country artists such as Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Alabama, Kenny Rogers, Oak Ridge Boys, George Strait, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Charlie Rich, Charley Pride, Wynonna Judd, Marty Robbins, Reba McEntire, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Alabama, Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, Clint Black, and more.
The US 97.7 Country music format has become a popular at work choice for listeners.
US 97.7 allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
US 97.7has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: US 97.7 targets Affluent Baby Boomers in the 50-68 and 25-54 age group. Most of Country Radio listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 16% of Country listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
- Over 15 % of Country listeners in America are adults 65+.
Gender: Country listeners in America have approximately a 50/50 split between males and female.
Household Income: US 97.7 listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America has an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America has an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Occupation: US 97.7 listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: US 97.7 listeners are well educated and the majority have attended college.
Investments: US 97.7 targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: US 97.7 attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Market your business to thousands of potential new customers each week with US 97.7.
US 97.7listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
US 97.7 targets homeowners. A huge category for these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
The US 97.7 is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
US 97.7 Listeners Have Purchasing Power
US 97.7 targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and women's shoes and accessories.
US 97.7 is committed to delivering the best value for advertisers today delivering an audience in their prime purchasing years.
We Target The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 55-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Boomers will make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 50+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 50+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
-Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 50+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
US 97.7 delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
US 97.7 Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here